SEO - Status Update
Monday, March 07, 2011 8:44 pm EST
As of now, I am working on SEO techniques and adding lots of features to Soma Studios' (an interactive web and creative
arts studio which I am president of) websites.
My last blog entry goes into Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques I am incorporating to the site. Below I will list extra SEO and marketing strategies not listed in my prior blog entries that I am using on the web and for ChichiGirls.com.
- Developing browser extensions for your website is a good way to promote websites, as internet surfers like to browse the web with extra tools and features. Building a good browser extension does require programming knowledge, but I'm sure there are good tutorials on the web to build a simple extension for users. The Chichi Girls Toolbar v0.1b was released about a week ago and now has over 600 downloads, bringing in more visitors to the site.
To add the Chichi Girls extension to your browser (currently for Mozilla Firefox 1.5+ browsers), click here [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chichi-girls-toolbar/]. Having a good browser extension alone can bring in many visitors to your site.
If your website has videos, it's a good idea to make a video feed (Video RSS/MRSS feeds) and submit them to video search websites, as this too can generate lots of traffic to your website.
Below is a link to an example media RSS feed at webmonkey.com:
Once you create your media RSS feed, you may submit them to any of the sites below:
www.clipblast.com (This site is currently bringing in the most visitors with the automated RSS feed that I've submitted to clipblast.com)
Just submitting video RSS feeds and building a browser extension has more than tripled the amount of traffic to the website ChichiGirls.com. If you read my previous blog entry that I've wrote a little bit over a month ago, ChichiGirls.com was generating about 50-100 unique visitors a day. Now it's 250-300 unique visitors a day. Below is a screenshot of a graph from Google Analytics.
The site still has a Google PageRank of 0 (PR0) and the Alexa Rank is about 660,000. (A month ago it was about 1,000,000.) More and more visitors are registering daily.
Once the site gets a little bit more popular and more ladies register, contests and pageants will be taking place online at ChichiGirls.com. This alone will start to get the ball to roll.
Having contests on your website is a great idea for websites, as it makes the site more fun and active, and people will love to come check out winners and talk about it (word of mouth promotion.)
So here are my next steps:
More article marketing (This is a good guerilla marketing strategy on the web, as people always look for good tips.)
Start a contest for ladies to upload fashionable and stylish videos and photos to compete for prizes.
Look into the development of mobile phone and Facebook applications for ChichiGirls.com. This is a great idea, as the hottest photos and videos will be delivered to people's phones daily and gentlemen may send ladies flowers that are registered at Facebook.
Check back soon for my next status blog entry update, as I will be writing about the status of ChichiGirls.com and the traffic it's generating with the tips I'm offering.
As of now, over 106,000 RUMBLES happened here at The Rumble 5. If you're looking for a great way to promote your website for a low cost of only $100, you've come to the right website. As more and more spots will be sold, and more contests and prizes here at The Rumble 5, expect the traffic to your website to be soaring.
Search Engine Optimization Tips (SEO)
Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:08 am EST
If you have read my earlier blog entries, on December 14, 2010 I have released a new website titled Chichi Girls - Ostentatiously stylish women of the world. www.chichigirls.com. In my previous blog entry, I have stated that my next blog entries will include what search engine optimization (SEO) / online internet guerilla marketing techniques work and don't work.
Writing ezines and articles on the web with your link(s) included at the bottom of the article is a good way to gain exposure to your site and build a better page rank for your site by having your link on other websites.
Here is a link to an ezine article I have wrote at ezinearticles.com:
Writing articles that you are an expert on or have good knowledge of is a good way to get your website out there. You may read the above ezine article for free seo tips and ways to increase traffic to your website.
Visit www.chichigirls.com and take a look around the site to view these SEO techniques incorporated into the website. I am using every single technique included in that article. I have left a few out I am using, but will list them later on in this blog entry, as well as which techniques do not work.
As of now Chichi Girls is getting about 50-100 unique visitors a day and most visitors are coming from Google. Not much yet from Yahoo or Bing. The site is a little older than 1 month and has a Google PageRank of 0 (PR0). I am assuming the website is still in the "Google Sandbox" as I am not getting any visitors visiting the site while searching with competitive keywords such as "upload fashion photos," "girls," "upload modeling portfolio" and so on.
If you have just launched a website and are not getting fast results from search engines, you're not alone. There's a term called "Google Sandbox." While some may say there is no such thing as a Google Sandbox, there is some sort of waiting period for new websites to get crawled, indexed, and calculated for a pagerank. While doing research, I have read it may take from 2 months, 6 months, and possibly a year. I will keep you updated on the status of the website here at this blog. Getting 50-100 unique visitors is actually not bad at all for a website that's brand spankin' new. Read the ezine article for what techniques I'm using. Below is a list of more techniques:
- Add keywords to your URL, such as this URL at Chichi Girls: http://www.chichigirls.com/video/42/Cindy-Crawford-and-the-Muppets
- Add breadcrumbs to your website, such as this page: http://www.chichigirls.com/video/43/Cindy-Crawford-on-World-Fashion This will also indicate for the user where he or she is on your webpage.
Here is a free press release in regards to Chichi Girls with a link included at the bottom of the page: http://www.i-newswire.com/new-website-builds-global-community/84456
Here's a list of techniques that were not such a good idea (involving spending some money.)
Google Adwords - This may be good for websites selling a product and will make a profit. This is good if your website will be making money from it, instead of losing money. My scenario was my website was categorized in the Adult category and most visitors visiting the site were coming from pornographic websites and keywords. No matter what keywords I used for Google AdWords, I was not getting a target audience for the website. I then paused my campaign and requested a refund. I have also escalated this issue to Google. There are plenty of websites on the internet one may consider "Adult theme" but are not pornographic. There should be subcategories for websites that are marked as "Adult." It's good to give it a try for a small amount of money and see the results. If you are not getting the results you were seeking, pause your campaign, request a refund, and move on.
Paid Press release distribution - Doing some research online, I have read quite a few articles that releasing a press release when releasing a new product or service is a good idea. I have also read a good amount of positive testimonials. In my scenario, I do not seem to get the results I would expect (And I've wrote over 10 professionally written press releases that I have paid for to have them distributed.) It may be good for getting back-links, and may be good for certain products and services, but in my case, not that great. You can give it a shot, but don't expect you'll get instant results.
The key is patience and perseverance, as well as having good content on your website, as content is king. People are seeking for information and services they can use. Chichi Girls does have a low bounce rate (The percentage of visits where the visitor enters and exits at the same page without visiting any other pages on the site in between.) Have content on your website that will give your webpage a low bounce rate, such as interesting videos and content a visitor was seeking.
If you are looking to spend a few dollars on online promotion, why not promote at this website, The Five Million Dollar Rumble for as low as $100. The site is a little older than 2 years old, and a lot of hard work is going into it. The earlier you make a purchase, the better your investment will be; more visitors and your link added to the "rumble spot" owner list.
Stay tuned for my next blog entry, as I will be updating you on the traffic and SEO results of Chichi Girls after giving it a little time and writing more articles on the web.
Friday, December 24, 2010 7:30 am EST
Happy Holidays everyone! I wish everyone the best New Years, 2011! My next blog entry will be on which marketing strategies work and do not work that I am using for Chichi Girls. A lot is planned, and a lot planned for the new years.
Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:52 pm EST
Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you Chichi Girls - Ostentatiously stylish women of the world. www.chichigirls.com. Below is an embedded video from the website Chichi Girls.
ChichiGirls.com is a website for ladies to upload and share fashionable videos and photos, enter online Chichi Girl pageants and contests for prizes, and be eligible each month for a chance to become the world's top model Miss Chichi Girl.
Gentlemen may send ladies flowers, rate and comments stylish photos and videos, and subscribe to ChichiGirls.com for as low as $2.99/month and up to $19.99/year for additional features. A subscription at ChichiGirls.com includes the option to send members messages, vote for Miss Chichi Girls of the month and year, as well as send ladies flowers that are included as bonus in each package.
Please visit Chichi Girls for more information in regards to the website.
Now that I have launched Chichi Girls live online, my next goal is marketing the website. In this case, if you have read my earlier blog entries, it will be guerilla marketing, an unconventional system of promotions that relies on time, energy and imagination rather than a big marketing budget.
Below is a list of strategies I will be incorporating into my guerilla marketing campaign.
If you have a website and are looking for good ways to promote, you may read the list below, and observe the growth of Chichi Girls, as the below listed techniques of marketing will be the only techniques I will be using for my guerilla marketing campaign.
- Viral marketing - Viral marketing and viral advertising are buzzwords referring to marketing techniques that use pre-existing social networks to produce increases in brand awareness or to achieve other marketing objectives (such as product sales) through self-replicating viral processes, analogous to the spread of virus or computer viruses. It can be word-of-mouth delivered or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet. Viral promotions may take the form of video clips, interactive Flash games, advergames, ebooks, brandable software, images, or even text messages. If you have visited ChichiGirls.com, you should have noticed a Facebook login button on the top right corner of the website. This makes registering at Chichi Girls much easier with a click of a button. Once a member at Facebook is registered and logged into ChichiGirls, a link will be displayed to invite your friends from Facebook, also with a click of a button. Inviting friends is very easy to do and a great viral marketing strategy that is free to integrate onto your website. If you were to scroll down to the bottom of the page at ChichiGirls.com, you will see a like button that shares ChichiGirls.com with your friends at Facebook. Every time there are new updates at Chichi Girls, there will be updates posted at the member's Facebook wall. I have created a Facebook fan page for Chichi Girls, and will be creating pages for other social media sites such as MySpace. Another invitation tool I have incorporated to ChichiGirls.com is a widget from Sharethis.com. A user is able to invite and share pages without having to login to ChichiGirls. Each video and photo page has an implemented ShareThis widget to conveniently share media from ChichiGirls.com with any of your friends. In addition to all these viral marketing strategies, another valuable technique is including a logo of your website to any embeddable objects you may have at your website. In the website ChiChiGirls' case, it would be videos. Whenever someone embeds a video from ChichiGirls.com, a logo will appear, such as the video I have embedded at the beginning of this blog entry. Viral marketing, in my opinion, is the best marketing tactic. It's free, and people market the website for you for no cost, either by word-of-mouth, using the invitation tools included at your website, and by embedding your service onto other websites.
- Seminars, Conferences, and paper advertising - another good way to promote your product and service is by attending seminars and conferences that relates to your industry. In my case, my industry is fashion, and I will be only attending seminars and conferences that have to do with fashion. As I will be attending these events, with me, I will have lots of small ChichiGirls.com hand-outs to pass around to almost everyone who attends these seminars and conferences. The purpose of going to these seminars and conferences is networking, presenting your business, and even possibly running into an investor who is intrigued with your ideas and may be interested in investing. Attending events having to do with your industry (in my case, it is fashion.) is a good idea to network and word-of-mouth your business to people who are interested in the industry your business relates to. You may also learn a lot from attending these events too.
- Online advertising - First, I will be listing ways to advertise your business online for free, and second, a list to advertise online with a small marketing budget (under $1,000.)
Blog entries. If you write blog entries on the internet, you may share your new idea at your blogs. If you do not have a blog, you can start one on a blogger site such as blogger.com.
Answering questions online. Users on the internet may not know a service or product such as the one you offer exists, and may go around forums and answering service websites such as Yahoo! Answers and Answers.com asking questions on where to find your product or service. This will give you a great opportunity to market your product or service, as users who are looking for the same product or service will stumble upon the same question page and find the answer to be your product or service. Please note: Stay away from spamming. If you are not sure what is spamming, research it online. No one likes to be spammed. You may get suspended and banned from websites, and may also give you negative results, instead of positive ones you were expecting.
Videos. You can record a video in regards to your product or service and upload it to video broadcasting websites such as YouTube. It's a good idea to have your video short, such as 1-2 minutes long. Depending on your video's content, it may go viral.
If you own more than one website, you may place free advertisements on your other websites.
Search engine optimization (SEO.) It's a good idea to add keywords, titles, and good content to your website. If you do not know what SEO is or not familiar with it, it is a good idea to do some research about it. Good SEO strategies will have your website at search engines have higher rankings, bringing in more exposure and visitors to your website.
Paid online advertising. I will be setting aside a small budget for online advertising (under $1,000.) I will be using services such as Google AdWords and AdBrite.
As for The Rumble 5, here are the current stats:
Over 100,000 Rumbles! (~ 101,000 rumbles)
16 rumble spots sold.
Current round: 2
If you are a website owner, looking to promote your website with a small marketing budget (guerilla marketing style,) The Rumble 5 offers the solution.
As The Rumble 5 has reached over the 100,000 rumble mark and Soma Studios is releasing more and more productions and fun games are coming up, such as a live online game show, The Rumble 5 traffic will be accelerating. I'm predicting that owners of Rumble spots will be getting thousand and thousands of visitors, even millions for only as low as $100.
Would you spend $100 to have your website receive thousands and thousands of traffic? Possibly millions? I know I would. And spots are only limited to 50,000. Stay tuned for more traffic, and watch traffic go up by visiting the Owner List & Live Stats link at the top frame.
1 2 3 4 5